SocialBookCo is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
- When you use SocialBookCo.com we may collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website ("User Information").
- We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
- You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service, or be used to present you with products which are relevant to your browsing history when you visit other websites.
- We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests and serve website content and advertisements to you.
- To administer this website.
- If you consent, we may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Your Personal Information may be disclosed to reputable third parties who will help process your order. Torchlight Limited requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
- If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
- If you decide to delete your account or stop using SocialBookCo.com your personal account details will be deleted. Any reviews you have written will not be deleted but default to 'anonymous'.
- When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and mailing address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you will also be included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the Website. You may unsubscribe from this by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of the emails received.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you'd like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window - please note that SocialBookCo is not responsible for the content of external websites).
Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If you enable it, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing isn't tracked, for example by third party ad or social networks, or analytic companies.
You can find out more about the way cookies work on: www.cookiecentral.com (opens in a new window - please note that SocialBookCo is not responsible for the content of external websites).
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Torchlight Limited is required to tell you if it transfers or intends to transfer information which it holds about you to countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Studio 1 Torchlight
115 Harwood Road